Monday, January 28, 2008

Plane spotting

Spotted on or near my flight from MHT to CLT Friday midday:
  • A prettyish, 40ish woman with red hair styled such that it would have fit in fine at my prom in 1988, wearing a black leather jacket, black leather pants, pointy black leather boots, a teeny black leather backpack — and carrying a long black leather coat.*
  • A heavyish, 50ish man with greasy gray hair, with a wedding ring, wearing a purple polo shirt and reading Maxim. I am pleased to say his collar was not popped.
  • A very sweet college boy who asked if Charlotte was in the same time zone. Repeat: College boy.
  • The pilot, leaning so far out the window of the cockpit I was worried he would fall out, to clean the windshield. Maybe I haven't been paying attention, but I've never seen that before. My college boy friend was also amused.

Spotted on or near my flight from CLT to MHT Sunday evening:
  • A child, maybe 6 years old, dressed as Superman. His parents were in street clothes and were treating him like he was any other child and not the Man of Tomorrow, which I guess is how to instill that strong moral compass in him. I did not ask why he was bothering with a plane.


*To be fair, I was also wearing pointy black leather boots and a black leather jacket. But I was a little worried that would be too much. She relieved my concerns entirely.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tee hee hee hee hee hee hee!

Anonymous said...

i assume he was bothering with a plane to not make his parents feel like the friends of "segway boy."
also, i feel like there should be a more reasonable way for the windshield of a plane to be cleaned. i feel unsafe sometimes when i do that in a car.

bzzzzgrrrl said...

Well, the plane wasn't moving, the way your car is.

Anonymous said...

i only do that occasionally, and not effectively... i have short arms.

Anonymous said...

You were flying to Charlotte?