- There's information on the internet.
- My friends actually know stuff. And people. In some cases, they are actually experts.
- There are citation generators on the internet. Holy cow.
- My house is quiet and empty, with literally no drunk people in the hallway and no one watching 90210 in my suite.
- I've been a professional writer for six or seven years.
- I was a professional writer about the subject of the class at least some of that time.
- I have actually done (most of) the reading for the class.
- If I get bored or weary, my inclination is to blog or go for a short walk, rather than to go to the end of the New Jersey Transit line without checking to see if there's even a train back or start self-publishing the most amazing, totally definitive 'zine ever and distributing it.
- The presentation that has to come from this paper will be at least partly copied-and-pasted, and will not involve any last-minute runs to the bookstore for markers and extra posterboard.
- My computer weighs less than 20 pounds, and is therefore practical to carry around with me. Also, I don't need to keep four different disks with me if I want to write a paper and e-mail it to my professor.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Reasons writing a paper now is so much easier than it was 20 years ago:
Posted by bzzzzgrrrl at 1:32 PM