Sunday, June 19, 2011

31 Days of Secrets & Lies: Day 10

I am at the point in my seriousness in bowling where I am employing sports psychology tactics to improve my game. I cannot decide how many of the following things this is indicative of (or how I feel about them):
  • I am very driven and goal-oriented
  • I used to date a sports management graduate student
  • I am very competitive and bowl against better bowlers than myself
  • I take bowling much too seriously
  • I'll try anything once
  • I've been spending a lot of time around new-agey health care practitioners
Unfortunately, though said tactics often work for a frame or two, I am still pretty much an average bowler.

5 comments:

Joe said...

You bowled a 161 and you consider yourself average? I think not. That's a nice score for somebody not in the PBA.
Before you know it, you'll be joining up with these guys:
http://www.google.com/search?q=pin+pals&hl=en&biw=1020&bih=596&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=M0b_TajxA4zPgAeb77neCw&sqi=2&ved=0CFMQsAQ

bzzzzgrrrl said...

Sigh.

That 161 was by far my high score. My previous high was a 138, and I am a wildly inconsistent bowler.

According to the bowling-average-tracking application on my phone (ahem), my last several scores were 106, 86, 121, 106, 87, 81, 131, 99, 134. My current average is a 102.

Joe said...

Hey, just know that it's not easy being a Webb and a bowler. Check this guy out. You should go down to Rehoboth and see if his Dad's alley is still there:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Webb

bzzzzgrrrl said...

(Also, Joe, you should know that the Pin Pals episode is a recurring theme in bowling with my friend Emily and me. "You can do it, Otto" is our second favorite phrase of encouragement, after "Eye of the Tiger, baby, Eye of the Tiger."

Joe said...

Heh heh. Love it.