There are so, so many things wrong with it.
Here are a few of them:
- It's by Kid Rock.
- He rhymes "things" with "things." In the chorus.
- In the next line, he rhymes "bottle" with "tomorrow."
- He rips off a minimum of two real classic rock songs, and I think I count a third.
- He's, like, my age, and therefore I prefer to think it's too early for a "Remember those nostalgic old days when I was 18" song, even though that was 19 years ago. Gimme 25, please.
- Don't even get me started on the things that are more wrong with the video than the song. That is covered in "It's by Kid Rock."
And yet, I don't care. I love this song.
That nostalgia/classic rock gimmick has entirely worked on me, to the point where I actually think of this as a song I was listening to when I was 18.
A sign of my countrification? Or of my willingness to let Big Music dictate what I should like via the car radio?