Friday, March 13, 2009

Bang, bang. I am the Warrior.

Sorry, this will likely leave people who don't know me (or haven't seen pictures of me) out. I don't try to do that, but sometimes, you can't help it.

Do you have an opinion on whether I should get a bob with straight-across baby bangs? Factors to consider: How it would look, how much care it would take, whether my hair is a good texture for that look, whether I am too old for that look, whether I can pull that look off in the country, whether I can wear my current glasses with that hair, whether my widow's peak will alter the wisdom of bangs, whether it is smart to embark on something that radical when I can't find a hairstylist I like.

For those of you who do not know what a cardigan is, and therefore may have trouble with "straight-across baby bangs," see this picture. I am thinking of bangs more or less like that, but with slightly longer hair.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

is that a sweater she's wearing in that picture???

Jennifer said...

I think you'd look cute with that. I don't exactly remember your glasses (sorry!) but unless you have giant grandma frames you should be good.
Go for it!

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joe said...

CMC, I am no expert on hair styles. . .being a dude, and also by virtue of not having much hair on my own head. . .so I dare say that you'll look terrific no matter what you do.
There it is. . .winner, best comment. ."And victory is miiiiine. .."

bzh said...

Bangs are awesome. I think they make everyone look younger and hipper.
Try them. If you hate them, it's only hair. It grows out.

Lisa Clarke said...

I don't think those bangs work for everyone, but I think they could work for you, if you are open to them not being perfectly straight. Your hair has a bit of a wave to it, doesn't it? At that length, it may have a mind of its own.

I say go for it. If they look bad, you have a nice hat you can wear over them until they grow out ;-)

Anonymous said...

I am wholeheartedly in favor of anything that reminds me of Bette Page.

Anonymous said...

I think you could totally rock a bob with bangs.

Anonymous said...

My hair advice is don't take hair advice from a bald guy, and I'm close enough.

choneycutt04 said...

I say go bold and be spontaneous...thats how I accomplished the faux experience and it was so much fun...good luck deciding i'm sure it'll be awesome! ps miss you!

bzzzzgrrrl said...

A LOT of people still hit this post as their first foray into CMC, because they're googling bangs. They must be very disappointed with the fact thatI have nothing really to say about them. But InStyle just did a thing about what the best bangs are for your face shape; you can find it here.

Look at that! Useful information! Now, take a look around. A lot of my posts are actually useful or funny or both.