I'm going to a party tonight.
What should I wear?
Possibly mitigating factors:
- The party is 6-8:30 p.m.
- My hostess is 21 years old, married, and has a new house, with new hardwood floors.
- We've been told to feel free to bring our fave slippers or socks, because her house is a "slipper/sock only zone."
- The dress code has been expressed as "wear anything you like... BUT I would love for it to be a fun cocktail party attire (and even cooler to wear cocktail attire with slippers!!!"
- She is expecting 50 people in a house that is big enough to hold us, but it'll be cozy (and therefore warm).
- The weather forecast this evening is for temps in the low to mid twenties, with possible flurries.
- I do not own (or wear) slippers or cute socks, but I am willing to buy some if you think it's necessary.
- I am willing to be barefoot, and have recently had a pedicure.