Saturday, February 4, 2012

Putting the city in City Mouse Country

I went to DC last weekend. I've been trying to think about how to write about it, and I haven't come up with anything brilliant in a week, so, you know, we default to bullet points.

I:
  • Saw 32 old friends, ranging in age from roughly 2 to roughly 90
  • Met 4 new ones, ranging in age from roughly 4 weeks to roughly 30 years
  • Missed a whole lot more
  • Lunched with a cousin
  • Breakfasted with my parents
  • Incited my goddaughters to a screaming fit 
  • Got a pedicure
  • Made a new life plan
  • Got a fantastic massage
  • Lost at poker
  • Had a few drinks
  • Had a million laughs
  • Went to church
  • Got my hair cut
  • Finished one book
  • Started another
  • Encouraged others to move to Framingham
  • Wore flip-flops (perhaps ill-advisedly)
I also gained some pretty earth-shaking new perspectives on a bunch of stuff and had. a. blast.

The result is that it's been kind of a funny near-week since then: a little bit floaty, quite a bit smiley, and deeply warm with the reminder of how much I gained from my city life. It won't be a year and a half before I go back again.

5 comments:

Mike said...

Can you expand on your eighth bullet point?

Joe said...

We loved your visit, too. Looking forward to the return trip, whenever it may be.

bzzzzgrrrl said...

Mike- I can, but prefer to do it for individuals who know me (like you) than here. If others have the same question, they should ask.

bzzzzgrrrl said...

Joe- So, so great. I'll be back sooner this time.

Cousin Mouse said...

Nice luntching with you!