Saturday, October 6, 2012

Foliage for Joe (possibly the first in a series)

More than a week ago, frequent reader and commenter Joe asked about the foliage. I have so badly wanted to do a foliage post since, but it has been raining for a week.

Yesterday, it was sunny and in the 70s, and rather than risk the gorgeous weather waiting to have time to take pictures in more scenic locations, you're getting what I shot with my 2-year-old cell phone while walking to get lunch on Main Street. I know some of you wonder, even with all my delightful stories, how I could ever have left the DC area to live in New Hampshire. Wonder no more.

Joe, this one's for you.

Click on any image for a bigger one. I think.





(OK, the sky is not really as blue as it is in this last picture.
As may be obvious, I shot this one from my car while I was at a stoplight, on my way back from dropping off my computer, so that blue is the shade on the top of my windshield.
But the leaf color is all real, and all the colors in the other pics are all real.)

1 comment:

Joe said...

Much appreciated, CMC!
We were in New England this past weekend, and Michelle was trying desperately to get some nice leaf peeper pics. Not a lot to see just yet. Well, especially when I was blazing down the Merritt Parkway and she had a 1.3-second window to snap most of the shots.
But hey, ask her to send you the pics from our trip to the Old Cider Mill (yes, that's what it is called) from Saturday.