Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The end

I'm not going to lie to you people: This month of gratitude has been long and difficult, and maybe it showed.

It's not that I am not experiencing gratitude, it's just that this is my 90th of these posts in three years, and so much of what I am grateful for is perpetual or semi-perpetual. How many ways can I say I like my friends and family?

Some actual rejected topics for recent month of gratitude posts:
  • Cuban sandwiches
  • Meetings that start on time
  • Not actually knowing Manila from "RuPaul's Drag Race" Season 3 in real life
  • Corrective lenses
  • Not owning a dog
  • Broccoli
  • The wisdom of cowardice
  • A short driveway
  • Frank Oz
  • Really great phrases (I actually like this one, but then I couldn't think of any. Aside from, "Her eyes flashed," which I love and which reminds me of Scarlett O'Hara.)
  • The optimism of Powerball
They're not all bad topics; I just don't necessarily have a lot to say about them all. OK, and some of them are bad topics.

Day 30 of my month of gratitude: I'm glad for the end of the month of gratitude, thankful to be able to just be grateful rather than telling you how grateful I am. I don't think this'll be the last incarnation of this project, but it may be the last time I do it quite this way. Thoughts?

3 comments:

Mike said...

You can't not do it this way. It's a tradition now.

Mike said...

You have fans who look forward to it.

bzzzzgrrrl said...

I have one fan who looks forward to it, and though I am very grateful to have him, I think it might be possible that I could come up with something else he might like just as much.

We'll see.