Monday, February 25, 2008

Tumbleweeds, prairie dogs. Yeah.

I am heading to Santa Fe this weekend.
I had been so focused on a) seeing katiesteele, b) that it will be a tiny bit warmer there c) finding my rock-climbing gear, that I hadn't thought at all about JEWELRY. That's just crazy. Oh, the delights that come with having a scattered brain.
Clearly, there will be some jewelry bought.

But about that rock-climbing gear.
Granted, I haven't been climbing in a long time.
And granted, I am maybe not completely done unpacking from my move yet.
But in Virginia, I knew where my gear was.
Now, I don't know how, in the packing process, my harness and chalk bag wound up in two separate places.
But I am even more puzzled by how I managed to separate my climbing shoes.
Yes, from the harness and the chalk bag. And from each other.
Why would I have done that? How, even? How did I have enough open boxes around at once that I packed those four items separately?

Moral of the story: I am never moving again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding? I'm surprised those items even made it into boxes at all, let alone the same box.

Which leads me to the next question: are you sure those items made it into boxes at all?

And another thought: if you lose all your stuff, you can move as many times as you want in a very care-free manner. So come back.

Anonymous said...

i can't promise you prairie dogs, but you can have all the tumbleweeds you want.

also, i am not surprised at all that those items might all be in separate boxes. i would also not be surprised if they are packed with papa ginos coupons from 1989.

note: it is not hard at all to move when you live in a truck. i moved three times this weekend.

JAM said...

Personally, I'm somewhat confused that you had "rock-climbing" as a hobby... since I've been looking for someone to go rock-climbing with since forever... well, not that long... but you get my point...

bzzzzgrrrl said...

I don't know what "looking for" means, but I am fairly certain you never asked me.
For a while, I was at the climbing gym 3 times a week. (Yes, purists, I get that that's not the same as real rock.) I recommend SportRock in Alexandria as a place to take lessons, if you're looking for lessons. And if you are still looking for people to climb with, I might be able to help with that, too, although my favorite old climbing buddy is a new mom, and therefore might have other things to do.