Thursday, May 1, 2008

Google Reader

I am trying to decide if I love Google Reader or hate it. There is a lot to hate, and yet, I don't, quite.
But here is the thing about Google everything that amuses me most, and also often insults me: Recommendations and targeted ads.
Yeah, like you know me so well, just because you know what I read and also what I blog about and search for also what every e-mail is about. But you don't. Like that one time with the cougar stuff? Way out of left field.
Here are some of the feeds Google Reader thinks I would like:

Shut up, Google. I would never read two apostrophe blogs.

7 comments:

Bitterly Indifferent said...

So, how does a person contact you to ask questions for The Great Interview Experiment?

bzzzzgrrrl said...

Hm. That is an excellent question. If a person had AIM, he or she could IM bzzzzgrrrl, and I would probably give him or her my e-mail address. Or we could just do the interview on IM. Does that work for you?

Bitterly Indifferent said...

AIM?!
Why, AIM is the province of godless shirt-lifters who lick their lips as they roger one another in stairwells!
Still, I'll see what I can do (while keeping my shirt unlifted and my lips unlicked).

bzzzzgrrrl said...

I feel sure that everyone here at City Mouse Country will be grateful.
Does that mean you do plan to roger me in stairwells? Because, really, I'm just looking for a solution that doesn't involve posting my e-mail address publicly. :)

Bitterly Indifferent said...

No, that sort of plan would be completely unsuitable, and my wife would be quite understandably upset.

I am confident that there is still a way to make this work that respects both your privacy and the sanctity of my marriage. Hang on while I figure this out...

fribbles said...

..thank heavens someone else is getting those Cougar suggestions from Google. At first I thought it was just the puma cub I was watching on eBay, but then it kept coming up..and up...and up..am starting to wonder what those Googly people are thinking.

And PC Daily seriously rocks. =D

bzzzzgrrrl said...

I'm sure it does, but I am not actually a polymer clay artist. One of my favorite bloggers is, but I read her because she's my friend and hilarious, and if I chime in now and then on the art conversations, it's all hypothetical. I am also a very occasional polymer clay art consumer.