Friday, December 23, 2011

Book me, Dano

I've been thinking about this book thing. I had a few extra minutes between things I was rushing between, so I came home and started pulling books off the shelf that:
  • I haven't read yet, and
  • look vaguely interesting.
And as I started observing:
  • the size of the pile
  • the size of the books in the pile
  • the themes that emerge
... I decided we need some rules.

Here are the rules:
  • I won't buy any books. I can read what I own, borrow them from friends and family, borrow them from the library, whatever, but there's no need for me to buy more books.
  • I don't have to finish any books I'm not enjoying. Life's too short, babe, time is flyin'.
  • I do have to write up every book I start, finished or not, for your edification, ideally in some way that will enable you to pretend you've read it, when your cousin corners you and wants to know whether you've read anything good lately.
  • I can re-read books I've read before, but there has to be at least one new book to each re-read.
I'll start reading when my vacation starts tomorrow night. The comments are yours. What do you want covered in the reviews? What rules do I need to add?

No comments: