Friday, July 27, 2012

Oh, goody. Sickie's got bullet points.

I left work early today with a fever.

Normally, as you know, sickness means two things for me:
  • grumpiness, and
  • blogging

Today, I think I have worked through the grumpiness, but not the blogging. I also might not have worked through the mild lightheadedness which is totally not to say delirium.

So you get every random thought in my head right now:
  • I really like the (real) wood paneling in my house.
  • My new favorite drink consists of 3/4 cup gin, one 12-ounce can ginger beer, 1 cup lemonade (serves four).
  • My new second favorite drink consists of half a glass of lemonade and half a glass of ginger beer (serves me, repeatedly).
  • My new third favorite drink is hibiscus peppermint iced tea.
  • This show "Traffic Light"? Isn't bad.
  • That show, "Take Me Out"? Kind of is, but I have watched every episode anyway.
  • Regarding that, I can understand people wanting to wait until they're married, but doesn't buying a ring for your hypothetical future wife you haven't met yet suggest that you're not able to approach women as individuals, who might have specific tastes (or ring sizes) (or metal allergies)? Or is a man who does that playing it Cinderella-style, where the woman who likes the ring and can wear it is his One True Love?
  • I already shared this on the CMC Facebook page, but I need Joe to see it, too. As I said there, "I don't care how you feel about this song, this version is adorable. And sort of crowded."
  • I really wish I was watching the Opening Ceremonies. Don't worry, I'll watch them later. You were worried, right? That's sweet of you.
  • Sweat is just gross sometimes. And there's, like, a lot.
  • No, wait. Lying around sweat is gross. Sweat from working out or hiking or something is, like, pure.
  • I think the thermometer might be in the living room.
  • 99.0! Woo-hoo ibuprofen!
  • I had another thought, but now it's gone. Damn.
  • I had a hilarious conversation earlier today that I can't share yet. I'll set it up for tomorrow.
  • Before you came into my life, I missed you so bad. 

3 comments:

Mike said...

Huh! I've seen approx. 317 videos of that song, but this is the first one that actually has Carly Rae Jepsen in it.

Joe said...

Yeah, you're right. Anything with classroom instruments is A-OK with me.

bzzzzgrrrl said...

And Mike, is this not the best one?

And Joe, yes. Though I would have a hard time identifying anything else with classroom instruments, aside from, like, a classroom.