Friday, January 25, 2013

Meter? I hardly know 'er!

When I came home from D.C., I had a notice in my mailbox that the water department had left me multiple notices regarding replacing my water meter, and if I didn't call within ten days, they'd cut my water off.

That seemed a little harsh and rude, as I had received exactly no notices, but I called yesterday afternoon and scheduled an appointment to have the water-meter-replacers come this morning at 8.

Which I then promptly forgot.

So then when I was lounging around at 7:50 and the doorbell rang, I panicked, because, not dressed yet.

The moral of the story is, if you're not capable of actually functioning as an adult, it's good to have left your clean laundry basket in the living room where you fell asleep, so you can throw on some jeans and a tank top quickly before you answer the door.

Or, I suppose, to sleep in your bedroom where the rest of your clothes are. But what are the odds of that?

No comments: