Thursday, November 25, 2010

Amazing

Those of you who know me in person know I can be kind of a jackass. So can most of us, I assume/hope; it'd be awful to be the only jackass around here.

And being an occasional jackass, it has happened more than once this month that I've thought about posting "gratitudes" that do not come from a place of grace, but from a place of, um, meanness. There have been days I've wanted to post to highlight my superiority over someone else, days I've wanted to post about how I, unlike some people, am capable of whatever it is.

Now there's a weird observation to get to make about yourself, right?

That even the most basically good small thing I can think to do should be examined for perversion?

But examine it I do, and I won't lie, there have been days on which I can think of nothing new and non-mean to post. Not today, mind you, but some days.

Day 22 of my month of gratitude: I am thankful for those small better impulses I do have, which don't always let me get away with being a jackass. I am thankful for grace.

No comments: