Friday, April 4, 2008

CK obsession

Most of my readers are non-local to where I live, and that's fine. Desireable, even. But this post is largely for my Monadnock-region-based friends (and stalkers).
A friend of mine has started a social network site called Citizen Keene, to keep people up on what's going on in the region, including but not limited to live music, local politics, the number of crashes in the roundabouts, etc. It's worth checking out, and it's worth joining if you live in these parts or have a vested interest in what's going on in these parts, even from far away. I've put a badge on the right side of this page, for ease of navigation.
You know me, I'm always looking for community. How thoughtful of Mike to just build me one.
If you need or want to do the same for some community you're a part of, Mike used ning, and I think he's happy with it.

I'll be back to the funny soon, really. In weather news, I watched maybe a dozen robins hop around this morning in the fresh snowfall from last night. Think that about sums it up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you write the tagline? It sounds like your keen wit. Although, someone on the blog's merchandising crew should steal the title of your blog post.
I think my neighborhood needs the "Life at a Crossroads" blog.
There I go again, naming blogs I'll never take the time to launch.

Anonymous said...

"Citizen Keene" is a great title.

bzzzzgrrrl said...

It is a great title, and a great tag line, and neither of them are by me.
I was asked my opinion on the title, and said I couldn't possibly do any better than CK, which is just spectacular, I think. The tag line was done with no input from me whatsoever.

ToddP said...

Funny, when I think of CK Obsession, I think of the cologne on my dresser.