Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Just foolin'

Me, I love an un-mean prank.
Love, love, love.
Not as much as my sister, for whom today is a little bit of a religious holiday*, but still, a lot.
So here's what I've seen and loved so far today:
What have you got? What wackiness is your college newspaper up to today? Who wrapped someone's office in bubble wrap? Tell me in the comments.
Alternately, recount your favorite old prank stories. Obviously, extra points if I am in those stories.

*Said sister, in fact, has a sort of sacred shoebox in her closet, filled with wondrous things, including but not limited to squirt office supplies (stapler, calculator, etc.) and plastic ants. This is not the only day on which these artifacts are used ritually, but it is certainly a big one for her.

7 comments:

Praveen NJ said...

some more...enjoy

http://www.google.com/tisp/index.html

http://www.google.com/virgle/index.html

awash with stuff like this all day :)

Anonymous said...

Try YouTube.

Anonymous said...

The funniest thing I ever did on April Fool's Day is get married ;-)

bzzzzgrrrl said...

Not only are you not the only person I know who did that, you are not the only person who reads this blog who did that. I have spent three of the last 14 April firsts at someone's wedding.
Happy anniversary, y'all.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE gmail custom time. I wish I had it for real.

I slept until 3:30 pm today, for real. I bet I could somehow still get to work on time, even though the work day is over. Maybe I could still get paid...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, April 1 was a good day to get married. Glad you were there. AFD fell on a weekend both years after I decided, when I worked in PR at Safe Kids, that someone needed to go into the public affairs director's office and relabel all of his meticulously collected topical binders ("escalator accidents," "roller coasters," "inflatable pools," "snowmobiling," etc.,) with much more pressing hazards like "meteors," "quicksand" and "pianos falling out of the sky."

bzzzzgrrrl said...

Missed this at the time, but this is perhaps my favorite.