Friday, September 5, 2008

Fighting with John McCain


So, I didn't watch McCain last night, but according to the AP,
McCain ended his 50-minute speech with a call to arms: He exhorted, "Fight with me. Fight with me," as the crowd's roar of approval drowned out his voice.
And I know most people will think of that as just a rhetorical device, and normally I'm a borderline pacifist, but I think I might take him up on it.

I mean, McCain's tough. He can probably beat me up. But I think I could do a little damage, so the next person could beat him. I could probably land a few solid blows.

I don't entirely trust that he wouldn't, like, bite my ear off, but you've got to remember he also needs to impress the women-are-delicate-flowers crowd (warning: language in the link NSFW), so he might go easy on me.

And really, I have all these single earrings that I either lost the mates to or bought in the early 1990s anyway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Use the same strategy that McCain used when he nominated a Veep candidate that appeals to the fundamentalist, creationist, hard-line anti-abortion, right wing party base - go for the nuts.

Joe said...

Lucy, the poor man can barely raise his arms higher than his shoulders. I'll put $10 on Kid Webb for a third round knockout.

Anonymous said...

The AP article does not address the question "what was that building?" There were a number of images projected onto a big screen behind McCain: at one point a flag, at another a field of corn (underlining the corny sentiments, perhaps?), and another time a big house, or mansion, or something. The mystery solved, sort of: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/213806.php