And I cannot bear the thought that the only posts I have written lately are the posts specifically meant to help others combat blog-drought.
I have thought of two potentially excellent topics for essays this week, but they are both about plumbing the depths of my insecurity, and they are not at all funny, so they'll go somewhere that is not City Mouse Country.
So here are some of the boring and trivial things I have been thinking about this week. If you're also my Facebook friend, some of these things will sound familiar. But not all!
- There has been a Society for American Florists for 125 years. I also learned this week that its charter was signed by Grover Cleveland, and that it has its own chapter of the United States Code, 36 USCS § 200101 et seq.
- I think 17 minutes is just too long for a straight dance sequence in a movie, even if it's the most brilliant dance sequence in cinematic history, especially if it's not related to the plot and happens right before the end of the movie.
- My niece? Is still, like, crazy-cute. That is perhaps to be expected, as she is a baby, and her parents are both adorable, and I am very biased.
- Baby head smell, which captivates everyone, apparently, has no magic powers over me.
- My blog robot name is B.Z.Z.Z.Z.G.R.R.R.L.: Biomechanical Zeta Zombie Zoned for Zealous Gratification, Rational Repair and Relentless Learning. Which, right? I'm not sure how I feel about the zombieness, but I am all for zealous gratification, rational repair and relentless learning
- I found out that all this time I've been trying to remember who went to that one concert with me? It was Duana.
- Weekly 25¢ ice cream is the greatest thing a place of employment can do for its employees. It builds community, and is also delicious.
- Starting this weekend, I will have a roommate for the first time since summer 2000. It's only for about five weeks, but still, it'll be interesting. Expect posts about that.