Monday, January 14, 2008

Adventures in dining

Ew ew ew ew ew ew.
So it's a blizzard here, as usual. I decided my best choice for lunch was to run over to the student center. The special looked bad for me, but yummy.
Then I got it back to my desk.
What had been described as a "Chicken Parmesan calzone," with chicken tenders and marinara and cheese in a calzone, actually appears to be chicken salad, lettuce, and ricotta, baked into a calzone.
I have never had a stranger experience, food-wise, than this, although the time I went to the Cafeteria CuCu and got a turkey sandwich with strawberry jam because they'd run out of cranberry sauce and figured I wouldn't care (WRONG) is in the same family. I am unsure whether this is salvageable, but do not want to go back out into the snow for a replacement.
But seriously, there is no place in my life for hot lettuce.

2 comments:

Lisa Clarke said...

Oh, that's just wrong...

JAM said...

I have got to get "There is no place in my life for hot lettuce." on a t-shirt or something...