Friday, August 15, 2008

Bumper picker

I am sorry I am so behind on posts. It's not that I don't have anything to say, or that I don't appreciate that you're still reading. I do. Really.
Anyway.

I finally got my New Hampshire license plates.
When I lived in D.C. proper, I didn't have a car. It is one of the great tragedies of my life that I never had this plate design as an option:

Sigh.

Up here, the options are this:


or this:

I went with the moose plates. They cost a little more, but the money goes to conservation efforts. And I am:
  • all for conservation, and
  • too lazy to identify and contribute to conservation charities myself
But that is not why I got the moose plates. I got the moose plates because it makes me sad that we keep clinging to a symbol for our state that does not, in fact, exist anymore.
I don't know what to think of this.

1 comment:

Bitterly Indifferent said...

Wow. It's almost like the moose is saying "I'll choose 'die,' thanks!"