Saturday, July 20, 2013

Favorite things

Note: On the Facebook page, I mentioned a little while back that I had a folder full of drafts I never finished: More than 60 of 'em, in fact. I'm going through that folder now, deleting what's not worth it, posting what might entertain you. This gem dates back to January 2008. And is still true. 

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes

And owning a house that I enjoy having people in, close enough to town that when I am in a bar for happy hour, and the waiters are being both slow and rude, and acting as though we are an imposition, I can say, "Hey, wanna just go have a drink at my house?"

And then we all do.

And even though the happy hour bars are cheap (so cheap, you city slickers, you would not believe), the drinks already in my house are cheaper. The beers other people show up with? Cheaper still.

No comments: