Monday, May 5, 2008

Old home day

So, it's one of those times of reconnecting with the long-lost. Some of that is to be expected, just by virtue of my having moved back here.
And coincidentally, at around the same time, I started reading the blog of an old college friend, who also reads mine, and who has sent pictures to a few of my other college friends, so there's been that reconnection.
And coincidentally, there's a new social networking site for alumni of the camp I used to work for, which has reconnected me to still more people.
And coincidentally, my sister is getting married this week (maybe you've heard about The Wedding?), which is naturally bringing together people I haven't seen or talked to in years.
And less coincidentally, I have reinvolved myself with a local nonprofit, which has put me back in touch with even more people I used to know.
So that's me. It's amazing to connect so quickly with people you used to have ties to, and it's weird to have to tell them what you've been doing for the last ten years. Blah, blah, blah.
You know this.
Because it's happening to you, too. Virtually everyone I talk to these days has a story like this, people who are suddenly drifting back into their lives. If you think I mean you, I do. But not just you.
Tell us about it in the comments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My fertility blog has been passed around and lots of high school friends have found me. Two of them have now found each other and realize they live 30 minutes away from each other. They're going to have lunch. So fun!

Anonymous said...

Well, the guy who has been in the news for stalking Uma Thurman (and being convicted of stalkerish offenses) was the president of my senior class in high school. I may, in fact, have voted for him.