Now, we will vote in the most complicated way possible. Please, in the comments, rank the stories in order of funny, from most to least.
If you don't know what I'm talking about, click here.
If you missed Carl's story, click here.
If you missed Katie's story, click here.
If you missed my cousin's first story, click here.
If you missed my cousin's second story, click here.
A few of the stories that missed the cut, due to not being submitted or not being submitted properly:
- My record of locking myself out of my house, contrasted with the time I couldn't get my car door to close at the Peking Gourmet.
- The time I broke my grandmother. (The anniversary of that horrible, horrible day was just last week, in fact.)
- The many apartment floods, one of which went undetected, for weeks on end, only to have it turn into an Alpine scene under the carpet.
- The tacky interaction I have had with Kay, involving giving her some pants, borrowing them back, and then "losing" them.
- The time the only organized thing about my move was that I carefully packed the clothes I'd need for the first two weeks in New Hampshire, and then permitted the movers to put that trunk on the truck, resulting in my having only a black velvet dress, a blue T-shirt, and clothes borrowed from Kay.
- The time I bought a cowboy hat in San Francisco on pride weekend, because in that context, it seemed like something I might ever wear again.
- When I took my first copy-editing test, and the only error I made was missing an omitted “l” in “public financing.”
- Several fashion faux pas, primarily but not exclusively in high school, many of which are quite well-documented.
- Several hair faux pas, primarily but not exclusively in my 20s, many of which are quite well-documented.
- The time I drew my bedroom inside out.
- The time my (almost-)prom date got expelled from school a week before the prom, and also, perhaps obviously, grounded.
Update: Voting will close at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern) on Sunday.