Sunday, December 21, 2008

Drawing warmth out of the cold

OK, time for something cheerier and more seasonal.
I have been inspired by many things, most especially by bzh's Twelve Days of Holiday Cheer.
This Dar Williams song is one of my favorites ever.
Those who know me at all know that I cry when I laugh. Those who know me well know that I cry lots of other times, too: In church and when someone hurts my feelings and when I feel love and joy and when everything is wrong and when everything is right and when half my face is paralyzed from Lyme disease and when I hear Ode to Joy and also when I hear this song, every time.
Happy holidays to my friends who have started already with Hanukkah and Solstice, and to the ones who will catch up in the next few weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just because one celebrates the Solstice doesn't make one a pagan, you know. A science-nerd, maybe.

Raise your cups of Yule wassail and toast to 23.5 degrees!

bzzzzgrrrl said...

Who said it did? Just because one celebrates Christmas definitely doesn't make one a Christian. :)