Monday, November 15, 2010

He's not heavy; he's my brother-in-law

I mentioned my brother-in-law's birthday earlier.

Naturally, there was a party. It was a family party, and it was just. So. Fun.

In attendance were:
  • My brother-in-law
  • My sister
  • Their daughter (16.5 months)
  • His mother
  • His sister
  • Her husband
  • Their kids (4 and 6)
  • My brother-in-law's cousin
  • His girlfriend
  • My parents
  • Me
Apologies to anyone who had a hard time figuring out the pronouns and antecedents up there.

Anyway, the party was a blast. There was karaoke and chess and meatballs and hot dogs and hamburgers and noodles and two kinds of cake. There was the cool older cousin having a good time with the kids, and the grownups rocking out to 80s music. It was just really, really delightful.

Day 14 of my month of gratitude: I am thankful to have family around — that I like. Truly, I don't have the one aunt everyone hates or those awful bratty cousins no one can stand. I am so blessed to have so much family that I really enjoy spending time with.

No comments: