Thursday, November 25, 2010

Yankee Doodle

There's an old thing people say up here (what do you call it if it's too long to be a saying and not funny enough to be a joke?):
  • Non-Americans know any American is a Yankee.
  • But Southerners know the real Yankees are from the Northeast.
  • But other North Easterners know the real Yankees are from New England.
  • But other New Englanders know the real Yankees are from New Hampshire.
  • And other folks from New Hampshire know the real Yankees are the ones who eat apple pie for breakfast.

Day 25 of my month of gratitude: I am thankful for pie for breakfast. The amazing feast I had today is not yet digested, but I am already looking forward to having pie for breakfast tomorrow. It might be my favorite Thanksgiving-related food tradition.

2 comments:

David Bernard said...

The day after Thanksgiving. I took a nap on the couch after lunch. You appeared in the resulting dream, among other recognizable folks. So I visited your blog when I went online to check my e-mail. Always a pleasure, never a disappointment. Thanks.

bzzzzgrrrl said...

Dave Bernard! Glad to have you back again. Very curious about this dream, obviously.