But sometimes, in life and on the blog, I get distracted, overwhelmed, unmotivated, for about a million reasons, almost none of them interesting. And then I don't do anything well.
But the cool kids are doing this month-of-gratitude thing. And I'm hoping that, if I post my gratitudes here, every day for a month, I will:
- Get back into the swing of blogging
- Get more motivated generally
- Get happier generally
- Be more deliberate about what I do and engage with
- Reengage you people, who I miss, a lot
Now, it's still me. I'm not sure I'm capable of a month of mushiness, even if it is warranted. So, with a little luck, I'll be able to be a little creative in the ways I express my thanks. Maybe there'll be:
- Photos, or bad drawings
- Funny stories at my expense
- Funny stories at others' expense
- Sex (OK, probably not.)
- Links to other places on the internet that are even more interesting than this one.
- Bulleted lists
Day 1 of my month of gratitude: I'm grateful that I have this space, and that you — yes, you — are reading. And will be extra-grateful if you'll tell me what kind of stuff you want to read, this month and all the time.