Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Running mates

Today, I was lucky enough to hear Michelle Obama speak. She is sensational; I do not yet know who I am voting for for president, but I would go listen to Michelle Obama speak about anything.

Yesterday, I was lucky enough to hear Bill Clinton speak. I've heard him before, but, man, he knows how to get a room going.

Neither of these people are actually running for office themselves, as far as Mike Livingston or I knows, which is interesting in itself, but also linguistically. If I am going to go around listening to the spouses of presidential candidates, I need a better expression than, "the spouses of presidential candidates."

I feel like, for right now, I'm going with "first person hopeful."

Like that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Mike Livingston or I know." If you have an "or," you make whatever follows it agree with the latter thing.