Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Things I do and do not have

Things I have that equip me for a northern winter:
  • An outstanding striped hat
  • A knowledge of, and instinct that supports, the "turn into the skid" principle
  • A scraper I can easily lay my hands on
  • A garage
  • Two bags of ice melt
  • Good boots
  • A commute that can be walked
  • A fireplace
  • Oatmeal
  • Very expensive jumper cables

Things I do not have, that, if I did, would equip me better for a northern winter:
  • A snow shovel Update: Acquired!
  • A contract with anyone to plow the driveway Update: Acquired! Update: Apparently lost!
  • Snow tires
  • Cable TV
  • A furnace that operates at better than 81 percent efficiency
  • A door mat Update: Acquired!
  • Hot chocolate Update: Acquired!
  • Update: Four-wheel drive
  • Update: All-wheel drive
  • Update: A working flashlight Update: Had it all along, as it turns out


I will, I feel sure, have reason to expand on both these lists in the future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

New car?

bzzzzgrrrl said...

Bite your tongue!
This car goes like a breeze!
(As fast as it wants, in whatever direction it wants...)
(That's my father's joke, not mine. Credit where credit is due.)