Thursday, December 20, 2007

Ups and downs

I feel like I've already told this to everyone I know, but those of you I have told have been so amused (and thanks, supportive friends), I felt I should share with the rest of you.
I have a fully unnecessary two-car garage.
The door to the bay that does not have my car behind it is stuck up.
The door to the bay that does have my car behind it is stuck down.
Once again, I am walking to work.

The good news: Though I can't say I didn't think of it, I have not yet tried to wriggle my 1990 Oldsmobile around the garage to get it out of the door, because I know as well as you do that if I tried, I would get it wedged in and have to take the garage down to get it out. High school buddy who writes for TV, when you're done striking, you may have that plot.

More good news: Though I can't say this was true this morning, as of right now, the car does start. And at least one door opens, so I don't have to die of carbon monoxide poisoning to find that out.

No comments: