Monday, December 17, 2007

Stupid, stupid

I had a wonderful text from a D.C.-area reader at 6:57 a.m. Friday:
"Are you still giddy over the snow? I saw [my town here] on the weather channel this morning."

Sigh.

Yes, I am still giddy.
And stupid.

And yesterday, we had a big storm come through, and I did just what I should have done, and I got out early to shovel, during the storm. Better if you do it in stages, you know.

You know what's not better? If you overdo it, in stages or otherwise.

And so, today, I called in stupid to work for the first time in my life, and have spent the day trying to find a comfortable position to lie around and moan in.

Worst part: The driveway's still not done. No one can get in or out of it. My wonderful parents stopped by to bring me ibuprofen and an ice pack, and they had to essentially do a drive-by to give it to me.

Best part: While I was lying around moaning, I saw a pair of cardinals, a male and a female, and they were so awesome it was almost worth being in pain to be home and see them. When did I turn into such a sap?

No comments: