Thursday, July 3, 2008

The right to keep and bear cherry bombs

Happy Fourth, everyone.
"But wait," you say. "Bzzzzgrrrl, you're sick. What the heck are you doing up at nearly midnight?"
Well, fireworks are legal up here, including, apparently, in my neighbors' yards.
Some of you may have seen this champion of freedom on the Colbert Report. He's a local guy, known personally to many of my friends and relations:
The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Difference Makers - Steve Pelkey
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorFox News


In other news, I did sleep in three of the four beds in my house today.

And in still other news, know what I'm doing tomorrow? Going to a staged reading of the Declaration of Independence at the local meeting house. Having salmon and peas for dinner. And that, my friends, is how we do the Fourth of July.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BOOM!!!!!!

bzzzzgrrrl said...

Oh, hey, just so you know: last fireworks I heard that night were at 3:08. Bah.