Monday, July 28, 2008

Speed demon

Today, I learned that it is just as fast to bike to work as it is to drive.
I wouldn't want you to think that I learned this by actually biking to work. Heavens, no.
I learned this because some guy on a bike, wearing a brown t-shirt and carrying a box of wine, meandered out on the street in front of me as I drove to work. He rode some on the sidewalk and some on the street, and disappeared from my view for a bit, and then nearly ran me over in the parking lot at work.
Now, obviously, my drive to work was a little slower because there was some wine-carrying moron weaving all over the street.
But I suspect his ride to my work was also a little slower because he was weaving all over the road.
I'm calling it a tie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Buy Wine, Not Oil"

Joe said...

I was jus' tryin' to find your house and got lost. . .my apologies. .by the way, there's a (HICCUP!!) box of Ernest and Julio waiting for you on your porch. . .