Here's what I'm reading and loving these days. I'm even using (almost) the labels I use in my reader for this post (it gets complicated, because there's overlap, but, well, I do what I can).
The blogs that used to be on my blogroll but aren't anymore are the ones that haven't had any posts in a long time (if by friends) or that I don't really read anymore (if by non-friends). And that's quite enough parentheses for an introduction.
- Stumbling Towards Career (career by a smart woman and good pal)
- washashore (gorgeous photos)
- People I don't want to date (updated only infrequently, but hilarious when it does get updated)
- my name is hili (a woman named Hili chronicles what the people at Starbucks think her name is)
- Coming Clean (someone cleans her room, which is funnier and more inspiring than it sounds)
- traveldigressions (travel tips from someone who travels a lot)
- 30 Days of Adventures (a country pastor does 30 days of something at a time)
- living dharma (the life of a former Buddhist monk)
- Genny's Journal (fashion and family)
- From Where I Sit (my old boss and current friend's current life, in which she also shares a lot of neat stuff from elsewhere on the internet)
- Happy Living (my former coworker has a fiance and a baby, and she's moving soon)
- Anonykids (a mother of twins tells funny stories)
- Castle Rock Farm (cute pictures of baby animals, among other things)
- I Peed on My Kid! (stay-at-home dadness)
- Polka Dot Cottage (crafts and family)
Funny ha ha
- Bitterly Books
- Text from Dog
- Least Helpful
- Lifetime, Wow!
- "Literally Unbelievable"
- Damn You Auto Correct
- Our Valued Customers
- passive-aggressive notes
- I'm not racist, but...
- Jack and Jill Politics
- Microaggressions (this one could go in any of the diversity categories, but since I listed race first, for now it goes here)
- my culture is not a trend.
- A Black Girl's Guide to Weight Loss
- Single Dad Laughing
- The Bloggess
- Margaret and Helen
- She Just Walks Around With It
- Steam Me Up, Kid...
- The Creamery
- Tyler Coates
- Holy Prepuce!
So, what's missing? What are you reading or writing on the internets that I don't have on my list? What do you think the rest of us would looooove?