[Note: I intended to publish this on Wednesday. I was all done reading it and formatting it and whatnot, and was just about to hit publish, when lightning struck my house and fried my router. True Story.]
Fashion (blog) week Part 1
Fashion (blog) week Part 2
- What's the weather? Sunny & 75.
- What's the schedule? Driving home from a wedding in Darien, CT.
- What's your inspiration? Comfort for the car and layers, since my co-traveler and I often prefer different temperatures.
- What's the outfit plan? Black cotton dress, gray flip flops, and a brown 3/4 length cardigan for breakfast and the 4-hour drive, followed by my pajamas.
- How'd it work? It was perfect!
- What's the weather? 80 with possible thunderstorms (ended up with torrential rain and a tornado warning).
- What's the schedule? Follow up from the extra-long weekend, prep for Reunion weekend, and tying LED candles in paper lanterns. An after-hours work meeting (which got canceled when the tornado warnings seemed guaranteed).
- What's your inspiration? Comfort for a long day and cool for hot temperatures.
- What's the outfit plan? Navy blue Old Navy knee length dress, new long multi-colored Lia Sophia necklace for some drama and brown flat sandals.
- How'd it work? It was a great outfit for the work day, but I was a little chilly once the rain hit that evening.
- What's the weather? 75 and sunny.
- What's the schedule? Reunion meetings, website updates, a little spray painting and happy hour with some coworkers who are leaving (I ended up not being able to make it for drinks).
- What's your inspiration? New linen pants and my best chance to wear heels this week.
- What's the outfit plan? Linen pants, indigo cap-sleeve blouse, brown pumps and gold jewelry.
- How'd it work? After experiencing an unexpected detour on the way to work due to flooding, it felt great to be pulled together.
- What's the weather? Sunny and warm.
- What's the schedule? Decorating for our Friday night event, climbing ladders to hang hooks, and picking up helium tanks, balloons, plants, etc.
- What's your inspiration? Simple and classic.
- What's the outfit plan? V-neck black cotton dress with empire waist and aqua cardigan, triple-strand blue bead and pearl necklace and aqua earrings with peep-toe flats.
- How'd it work? I probably didn't think the whole ladder and dress thing through well enough, but it still worked out well.
- What's the weather? A little cooler (70) and sunny.
- What's the schedule? Decorating golf carts, hanging paper lanterns and lantern lights, setting up music playlists, and mapping sandwich board locations.
- What's your inspiration? Outfit 1: running around campus, quick changes, and flexibility. Outfit 2: more formal and youthful.
- What's the outfit plan? Outfit 1: white corduroy skirt, teal dress t-shirt, short pearl necklace and black flip flops. Outfit 2: Blue ikat print dress (with pockets), brown pumps, coral short-sleeve dolman cardigan.
- How'd it work? The first outfit was perfect for running around, especially when I lost my keys and had to scour campus to find them (they turned up on the back of a golf cart). The dress in outfit 2 was a great choice. It was perfect for the weather and event, and the pockets were a great asset for holding a variety of items. I actually ended up with a 3rd outfit. The temperature dropped, so, following my work event, I changed into jeans and a purple tank top for a night out on the town. I changed into flats for walking around and kept the coral cardigan on.