Monday, June 18, 2012

Nailed it

I had a fantastic weekend, thanks for asking, in stark contrast to last weekend. So nice.

Most of what I did was hang out with a very good friend from college and her 7-year-old daughter; she has a husband and a son who I love very much, too, but they were off gallivanting somewhere.

So, in a roughly 24-hour period we called "Girl trip! Woo!" we read and painted nails and had delicious food (including ice cream) and went to church and played Just Dance 3 and had a picnic by a stream and did hot stone massage on each other. It was terrific.

Now, my nails, painted by said 7-year-old with her cool new nail polish that is sparkly and also supposedly tie-dye (except the tie-dye effect only really worked on one nail) look like this:

Here's the question: How long do you think I'll leave them like that?

Possibly relevant factors:

  • I am vain.
  • The texture of the polish feels funny.
  • I currently only have nail polish remover that belongs to someone else and so would need to buy my own to remove it.
  • I am lazy.
  • I sort of like having nails done by a 7-year-old in theory.
Anyone have any guesses? I have so far already worn them to church and work, if it matters.

2 comments:

Genny said...

My guess is by Thursday you will have taken it off and gotten your nails done at Helen's.

bzzzzgrrrl said...

Bought nail polish remover last night, used it this morning, appointment at Helen's this afternoon.